You may like...

Pluto in evolutionary astrology

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I would like to understand more about Pluto in evolutionary astrology. I understand not all evolutionary astrology is the same. My understanding is Jeffrey Green taught Pluto is the soul, is this correct?

Faith
      Facilitator

Hey @Liv… Yes Green puts a great deal of emphasis on Pluto and see it as the soul. How does this sit with you? Do you experience Pluto as the soul?

Anonymous

Faith @admin I think this does make sense to me in some ways because it makes more sense to me in terms of when I think of Pluto in this very personal, intimate kind of way Pluto comes “alive” and seems suddenly not to be the shadowy creature I do not quite know how to make sense of when it is portrayed in more of a transpersonal kind of a way

Rose
      Participant

I love his assessment of Pluto and its inner workings through the signs and houses. Calling it the Soul – I don’t think that’s my word for it. Keep in mind JWG has Pluto in his 9th house – *he* feels a deep cosmological connection to Pluto, it makes sense why he interprets it as the Soul. :)

But I see Pluto as the holder of shadows and our seeds of Intention. As part of the water trine, it is connected with the Source and our Emotional body, it is the dark to the light and it holds a unique position as opposite venus and a ruler of mars, that lends itself an authority of will that either supports the values of others, or manipulates them through its own filter and need for inner-security. I think any planet that kind of holds a connotation of fear/darkness (ie: pluto, saturn ect) needs to be reworked in our consciousness because the dark is just as valid and vital to our evolution as the light and it is making our peace within that, that the water trine comes alive and Pluto’s strengths through scorpio, make it the transformative power that it is.

Anonymous

thank you @RoseReiki for sharing those insights. I do see it doesn’t work exactly

a lot of people will even wonder if we can agree on what we mean when we use the word, I think :) and I am not sure, either, if I know exactly how I could explain what I mean by my use of the term.

But I like the idea of Scorpio as something so personal, intimate and even comforting

Faith
      Facilitator

I think any planet that kind of holds a connotation of fear/darkness (ie: pluto, saturn etc) needs to be reworked in our consciousness because the dark is just as valid and vital to our evolution as the light

This is beautiful @Rosereiki!

Personally I don’t experience Pluto as the soul @Liv, even though it is personalised for me via strong aspects to my Sun/Moon/Venus conjunction in the 8th House.

Pluto is certainly an aspect of my shadow self, but also a transpersonal force that for me represents the beautiful yet destructive cycle of life, death and rebirth. Coming to terms with Pluto means realising the importance and necessity of this cycle both within and outside ourselves.

This requires us to relinquish any perceived control we may think we have over others and over circumstances, and learn to let go and allow things to be as they are. This is the lesson of non-attachment that Buddhists speak of and in this Pluto is our greatest teacher… xx

Samuel
      Participant

I have Pluto in my first house and I can relate to it during peak events in my life. But having said that, it is not an easy planet to have since I have gone through periods of total destruction of my base to test my resilience and my commitment to higher principles. How many times a butterfly can grow out of the chrysalis to fly free? Sometimes I feel like hibernation is the best medicine for the many illnesses I had endure during my life time, yet I feel that my soul had learned enough and I need to check out from real life to join the world of the spirit. I just need the light of day to get over the darkness of rebirth or samsara. Enlightenment is not my goal, but it is rather the path that will lead me to my final liberation. Is this what evolutionary astrology means according Jeffrey Green? I don’t know. I never read his writings.

Anonymous

HI @liv, @rosereiki, @admin and @samuel.
      I wonder if the reasons Pluto seems so forbidding is that we all have selfish intentions that we whitewash and rationalize and excuse ourselves with very convincingly, yet at a deeper level we know we are lying to ourselves, even if its white lie. This small acts of convenient deception, while momentarily harmless, are maybe what the Church calls venial sins, and in accumulation they can become habitual and darken the soul and harm our purist self, and our connection to the divine. Pluto traumatizes our ego by bringing these detours to light and we have to face our mediocrity and insincerity and that is very, very painful to self righteousness and the desire to look good rather than to be good.
      I see the eighth house as the confessional booth, revealing our transgressions and and superficial emotions that are manufactured for convenience. This has to do with the soul, because the soul becomes clouded by convenient compromises in the seventh house and cannot enter into the deep merging of the eighth house through affectations.So I see Pluto and the eighth house as a kind of turbulent washing machine, preparing us to enter the spiritual journey of the ninth house, without pretense or false piety. This painful cleansing also allows us to enter into deeper relationships with life and others. So that’s how I see Pluto and the soul. It is evolutionary, but not necessarily mysterious or esoteric.

Samuel
        Participant

Hi @linda thank you for giving us your important perspective about the 8th house and the connection with transformation. My 8th is in Piscis and no planets there, but that is what I have been looking for all my life. A deep connection at the soul level and I have found it from time to time in the esoteric arts, tarot and curanderia. Sometimes I get the connection through part taking Ayahuasca ceremonies in the Amazon and sometime I find it in the most mundane places like the beach along the ocean while chasing sea gulls and looking at the sunset and yearning for graceful moment of communion with source energy, creation, and bliss.
        Yet the letting go is the hardest part, that and the fear of dying. Finally a few years ago due to permanent disability I discover my real mission in life and it was at the same time when my son was recovering from surgery at the hospital. A man came into the room, all dress in black, he was very gentle and smiling. Introduced himself with his personal well wishing card and gate it to my son Marcelo who was in bed. He asked him if he needed some spiritual support and Marci said no. Then I explain the man that my son never went through christian baptism and he was presented to the community by a friend of mine, an artist painter and buddhist believer who performed an Mayan-Tibetan initiation rite. Both of my children were “initiated” the same way in a public park under 10 palm trees on a Sunday morning. I just don’t buy into religious dogma. Back at the hospital, the man smiled and left. Then I read his card. He called himself an spiritual consultant and visited people in hospitals to help them in whatever advice, support or just company they needed. It was very revealing to me that I had also a personal card I came up with since I was unemployed and recovering from injury. I made myself personal cards with the same job title. Now I now what I will be doing upon retirement, if I get that far in life.

Iratxe Mendi
          Participant

Hi @samuel, it seems our messages crossed. I just read your last entry and it does help me in seeing this process of letting go…life helps us :)

Iratxe Mendi
      Participant

I am living now a profound :) Pluto transit and these days he/she is stationary retrograde at my AS, and also squaring Mercury -this aspect is both natal and progressed-, so I feel it! I am not sure about how to live it gracefully, since there are more aspects and planets, always. At times it does seem I am actually dying and it is helping me in understanding how personality/persona covers the real self. Pluto sits in my eight house, together with Mars and close to Uranus. Somewhere I read that having Pluto there, at home, makes more difficult to relate to our inner power, as if we would look for it in the wrong places until we get it. A long process for sure. I am starting to connect to that inner power and at times is hard to carry it. I feel Pluto deeply, close; not as something to escape from or so, as a loving energy, at times even as a mother -maybe because it makes a square with the Moon- actually, right now the relationship to my mother is dying and evolving as well.
      I haven’t read Jeffrey Green’s book and what @samuel tells us here resonates with my experience. Letting oneself dye is something necessary and there is no formula to it. And yet, I ask here, how do you travel these strong or neat Pluto transits? It is somehow easy to say let go, but then, living it is another realm…

Samuel
        Participant

Hi @Iratxe I meant to add a comment to your posting on Pluto. I do have a friend who had Pluto transiting her ASC last year and opposing her Sun in Cancer. Well, her father suddenly got sick and didn’t pass a month before he died back home. She couldn’t fly to her home town because a legal issue. She was facing last years the last Pluto – Uranus square forming a T Square with her Sun (Uranus in Aries, Pluto in Capricorn). She had to retreat herself into her own safe space and withdraw from social participation to grieve her loss. One week ago she called me for some tax advice (taxes is an 8th house matter) and she was very confused about it. I gave her the best advice I had but she wasn’t sure how to proceed. Cancerians tend to look for safety and comfort above all and any shy away from risky exposure. I know that because my son is Cancer and sure thing it happen to him something similar too when Pluto just entered Capricorn and opposed his natal Sun in the 1st degree of Cancer (his sun is in the 6th house of health and service). He felt sick with high fever and ended up going to the hospital just in time to get surgery. He was diagnosed with appendicitis and barely made in time. Pluto issues are red flags and it depends which planet and which house or houses are being impacted by the transit.

Antonia
      Participant

Oh yes my friends, Pluto!
      I too, @iratxe, have transiting Pluto affecting me strongly at the moment: T Pluto square natal Sun at 17.29 Libra and sextile Moon in Pisces which is opposite Pluto radix, on top of this my progressed Sun is also square natal Pluto! And the rascal has decided to go stationary on the exact degree of my Sun! What this is going to bring, I do not know. I am very emotionally unstable lately: one day fine and next day in utter despair about life. However, I know this is part of the transformation. Just wish it would be quicker because I get so impatient! It will go on for several years.
      Something that I am experiencing is a clearing out of old resentment and anger I didn’t realize I was still holding on to, so a definite process of letting go. That’s all I can say for now.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.