You may like...

Week 8: step by step process to chart interpretation

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mario Saga
      Participant

Hi,

Great idea to get an anonymous natal chart and transit as an example and work through it :) i found it challenging as you do not have any context details or supporting information, which before it gave me a bit of comfort to bounce ideas in my head :)

Nevertheless, it was fun :)

So, below are some of my findings, interpretations on the chart. They are pretty wild guesses, assumptions and subjective views :) nice work out for the imagination :)

Step 1: chart shapes ’or ‘planetary patterns – look at the chart and the way the planets are positioned and their patterns
      Many of the planets are on the upper hemisphere. Could mean outgoing approach to life.

Strong cluster of planets in 7H. Strong cluster of planets in Leo.

Fire element is more emphasised. Also the Fire element has a strong fixed modality (5 planets in Leo). Could mean a way (maybe career) of self-expression through others in one on one relationships (7H).

Step 2: work out who are the main actors in this chart
      Sun is in Cancer (disposited by Moon in Pisces disposited by Neptune in Libra disposited by Venus in Leo disposited by Sun) – so it seems that (somehow) Sun rules Sun

Moon in Pisces (disposited by Neptune in Libra disposited by Venus in Leo disposited by Sun) – so it seems that Sun rules Moon

Chart ruler (ASC in Capricorn) is Saturn in Sagittarius (disposited by Jupiter in Virgo disposited by Mercury in Leo disposited by Sun) – so it seems that Sun rules Saturn

Main Houses: 7H one on one close relationships, 8H transformation (with Venus-Pluto), 9H philosophy education values and travel, 10H social professional, 11H group and social network (with Saturn retrograde structure & organisation), 3H communication short journeys communication to siblings (with Moon in Pisces), 6H work service and health (with Sun)

Retrograde planets:
      Saturn in Sagittarius in 11H
      Chrion in Aquarius in 1H

Step 3: work out aspects starting with major players
      Trine Sun Cancer 6H – Moon in Pisces in 3H
      Sun trine Moon natal might give a harmonious personality as the conscious and the subconscious sides are in balance. This harmony should also influence the person’s communication and subordinate work, service work. It could also be that the person endeavours to achieve a life balance and harmony in the work environment and also mind, emotion and body harmony.

Square Sun-Neptune
      Feels like a day-dreamer and idealist in 6H subordinate work, service work. Possibly not grounded.

Sun square Neptune natal
      Could be a sensitive and caring person, who can fall victim to defeats and disappointments which might further erode self-esteem and confidence.
      Though Mars in Leo will provide the energy to fight.
      Could be that the person has to go through many struggles in which he/she must overcome in order to feel strong and confident about himself/herself.

Seems like a Don Quixote type… ha ha ha :) i have a weird mind to come up with this one :) … the person seems sensitive and articulate on emotions (Moon Pisces in 3H), idealist for people in social environment (Neptune in Libra in 10H), actively helping, nurturing and supporting people on one on one basis (Mars in Leo in 7H). Though everything is tainted with idealism and thus a slightly utopian struggle.

T-Square Chiron-North Node-Mars/Venus

Chiron in Aquarius opposition Mars and Venus
      There could be issues caused by inability of carrying out reforms in society and building the ideal society. The person could feel like there is something stopping him/her from realising this dream.
      The person might feel (perceive himself/ herself) unfit in some social circumstances (Saturn retrograde in 11H) and at times might feel isolated. The person might feel different from other people and that drives (Mars in Leo in 7H) him/her to try to change something.

Moon in Pisces in 3H opposition Jupiter in Virgo in 9H
      The person looks generally an optimistic, generous, and engaging person that others could find warm and friendly (Moon). The person projects strong philosophy and values which he/she advocates strongly.
      The person also needs to set boundaries and probably be more self-disciplined about sharing his/her feelings and private life. Might perceive or tend to be hurt due to this sensitiviness.
      Natal Moon opposite Jupiter could also possibly mean, at times, that an excess of attention might feel overwhelming or exhausting.
      Other people might invade the privacy because the person is so open with his/her feelings or because of their jealousy, obsessiveness or (opposite) moral self-righteousness.

Step 4: Loaded houses and angles
      Chiron in 1H
      Urauns, Mercury and Mars in 7H
      North Node, Neptune in 10H

Step 5: transits
      Faster planets
      Transit Moon is in opposition to natal Moon
      Transit Sun is in almost trine with natal Sun

Slower planets
      Transit Saturn almost conjunct natal Saturn
      Transit Mars trine natal Mars
      Transit Uranus trine natal Uranus

Step 6: Dynamics

Effects of T-Square Chiron-North Node-Mars/Venus

North Node in Scorpio in 10H/ South Node in Taurus:
      Taurus and Scorpio are signs that deal with self-worth. NN in 10H might create for the person a feeling of security in the outside world, maintaining independence from family.
      NN in 10H might also mean development of sensitivity and learning to parent oneself. The person might find family everywhere and regard everyone else as part of a larger family group.

Scorpio is concerned with the breaking down of things in order to grow them again or transform them altogether.

The person’s lesson might be developing awareness based of his/her own needs, increasing self-worth. Balancing stability and intensity…. or self-indulgence verses self-denial.

In order to achieve the NN there could be a consciousness of letting material plans go. Moving beyond the comfort level is an important lesson for the person.

NN in Scorpio can be addicted to danger and mystery, but especially to intensity and obsession. Predilection in exploring the depths of his/her own soul, and maybe those of others (Pluto sextile Neptune).

I feel the person has a spiritual dimension (could be applicable in many areas content-wise). The person has a strong sense of creating harmony between conscious and subconscious. This is a harmony that is expressed through others (one on one relationships) and in front of others as groups.

There is also an innate sense on not belonging or not agreeing with the current social environment. It could be that some of the principles and values of this person are not easily accepted by the current society and groups and thus make the person feel (perceive) vulnerable and misunderstood.

For this person everyone in the society is perceived as family, whereas the society does not perceive itself like that.

Nevertheless, it is through these misunderstood struggles that the person has to fight in order to achieve the sense of self-worth and realisation.

The idealist view the person is trying to create might not be realised, however it is this process of understanding and engaging that eventually is the greatest strength and achievement of self-realisation.

Hmmm… that’s about it :) hope none of the above makes sense :)))

Thanks heaps for the challenge :)

AnhP
      Mentor

Wow, Mario! This interpretation looks impressive!

Comparing what you saw in this chart, and the light that Faith shed on how this native’s chart represents the chart owner’s actual life experiences/way of being, your interpretation is considerably right on!

Glad that you are now able to apply what you learned in this course, along with your keen intuition, to effectively interpreting other people’s charts.

A little bit of more practice, and there is no telling as to the kind of powerful insights you will glean from applying astrological knowledge in all spheres of your life.

It’s been a pleasure interacting with you here. It was fun learning from you, and others in this course. All the best to you in your future adventures!

Warmly,

Anahit

Mario Saga
        Participant

Thanks heaps Anahit :)

it was a pleasure working with you, thanks for all your valuable insights and support :)

Faith
      Facilitator

Hey Mario, I love that you went to town on this activity and in many ways, as Anahit pointed out, you have had some considerable insights.

I will address your interpretation step-by-step:

Step 1: chart shapes ’or ‘planetary patterns
      As Asli also pointed out, this chart has many planets in the upper part of the chart. However this person is by no means outgoing as I discussed in my other response on this topic. I actually find the chart shapes theory not very useful or accurate in my experience, and in recent years have used it only in a cursory fashion.

Self-expression through others in one on one relationships (7H).

Yes. For many years my mother expressed herself almost entirely as a reflection of others. This has changed as she matured

Step 2: work out who are the main actors in this chart
      The way you view the dispositors is interesting, if not entirely accurate ;)

Sun is in Cancer (disposited by Moon in Pisces disposited by Neptune in Libra disposited by Venus in Leo disposited by Sun) – so it seems that (somehow) Sun rules Sun

Moon in Pisces (disposited by Neptune in Libra disposited by Venus in Leo disposited by Sun) – so it seems that Sun rules Moon

Chart ruler (ASC in Capricorn) is Saturn in Sagittarius (disposited by Jupiter in Virgo disposited by Mercury in Leo disposited by Sun) – so it seems that Sun rules Saturn

Unfortunately, the Sun does not rule in this woman’s chart. I think in order of dominance the four planets in this loop are, from strongest to weakest:

Saturn, Moon, Venus, Neptune, Sun. The action of Venus, the Moon and Neptune are very distorted – the dominate her but not always for her own good. The Sun is very diminished.

The strength of Saturn in Sagittarius trine Mecury and Uranus in Leo is a highlight of this chart. This woman is absolutely dedicated to her own spiritual journey and uses her keen mind to continuously educate herself on health, medicine and healing, spirituality and social issues.

Houses:
      Sun on the Descendant and a packed 7th house – partnership has played a large part in this woman’s life. She has had three partners, with whom she has had four children.

Retrograde planets:
      Saturn in Sagittarius in 11H
      Chiron in Aquarius in 1H

Both these planets are very inward going in my mother.

Step 3: work out aspects starting with major players
      Trine Sun Cancer 6H – Moon in Pisces in 3H

Sun trine Moon natal might give a harmonious personality as the conscious and the subconscious sides are in balance. This harmony should also influence the person’s communication and subordinate work, service work. It could also be that the person endeavours to achieve a life balance and harmony in the work environment and also mind, emotion and body harmony.

For my mother work has always been in the home. In fact, because she had her first and her last child eighteen years apart, her life has been pretty heavy on the drudgery of parenting and housework. Very 6th house stuff! Although she has wished for more – she has a marvelous singing voice – for the most part she was at peace with her role in life (Sun trine Moon). However her choice of partners and ill-health brought her low.

Square Sun-Neptune
      Feels like a day-dreamer and idealist in 6H subordinate work, service work. Possibly not grounded.

Very, very ungrounded! Also gullible, and easily taken advantage of. On the one hand she is in denial about so many things (she was one of the last to accept that COVID-19 was not just another flu), while on the other she is easily taken in by conspiracy theories, miracle cures and the like. At several points in my life my mother became seriously delusional, but was never hospitalised or diagnosed with any mental illness except depression.

Could be a sensitive and caring person, who can fall victim to defeats and disappointments which might further erode self-esteem and confidence.
      Though Mars in Leo will provide the energy to fight.

Yes

Could be that the person has to go through many struggles in which he/she must overcome in order to feel strong and confident about himself/herself.

Yes

Seems like a Don Quixote type… ha ha ha :)

Not so much :)

…the person seems sensitive and articulate on emotions (Moon Pisces in 3H), idealist for people in social environment (Neptune in Libra in 10H), actively helping, nurturing and supporting people on one on one basis (Mars in Leo in 7H). Though everything is tainted with idealism and thus a slightly utopian struggle.

Very, very accurate!

T-Square Chiron-North Node-Mars/Venus

Chiron in Aquarius opposition Mars and Venus
      There could be issues caused by inability of carrying out reforms in society and building the ideal society. The person could feel like there is something stopping him/her from realising this dream.

Yes

The person might feel (perceive himself/ herself) unfit in some social circumstances (Saturn retrograde in 11H) and at times might feel isolated.

Absolutely

The person might feel different from other people and that drives (Mars in Leo in 7H) him/her to try to change something.

Yes to the first part, not so much to the second, although I think if she had the energy to do so this would be different.

Moon in Pisces in 3H opposition Jupiter in Virgo in 9H
      The person looks generally an optimistic, generous, and engaging person that others could find warm and friendly (Moon).

Yes

The person projects strong philosophy and values which he/she advocates strongly.

Yes, dogmatically when younger.

The person also needs to set boundaries and probably be more self-disciplined about sharing his/her feelings and private life. Might perceive or tend to be hurt due to this sensitiviness.

Yes

Natal Moon opposite Jupiter could also possibly mean, at times, that an excess of attention might feel overwhelming or exhausting.

Absolutely

North Node in Scorpio in 10H/ South Node in Taurus:
      Taurus and Scorpio are signs that deal with self-worth. NN in 10H might create for the person a feeling of security in the outside world, maintaining independence from family.

My mother was independent from her family early on but thenceforth lived her entire life within her newly created family. She has never had a wide social circle and was a mother from the age of 20. She has never worked outside the home except for a brief stint as a waitress. There fore I think it is safe to say that my mother has, so far, not been able to actualise her North Node potential.

NN in 10H might also mean development of sensitivity and learning to parent oneself. The person might find family everywhere and regard everyone else as part of a larger family group.

No. My mother has a very hard time making friends or developing a social support network, mainly due to her afflict Venus, Chiron in Uranus in the First House and Saturn in the 11th.

The person’s lesson might be developing awareness based of his/her own needs, increasing self-worth. Balancing stability and intensity…. or self-indulgence verses self-denial.

Yes

In order to achieve the NN there could be a consciousness of letting material plans go. Moving beyond the comfort level is an important lesson for the person.

Yes

NN in Scorpio can be addicted to danger and mystery, but especially to intensity and obsession.

Not so much

Predilection in exploring the depths of his/her own soul, and maybe those of others (Pluto sextile Neptune).

Yes, absolutely

I feel the person has a spiritual dimension… The person has a strong sense of creating harmony between conscious and subconscious. This is a harmony that is expressed through others (one on one relationships)…

Yes

…and in front of others as groups.

Definitely not.

There is also an innate sense on not belonging or not agreeing with the current social environment. It could be that some of the principles and values of this person are not easily accepted by the current society and groups and thus make the person feel (perceive) vulnerable and misunderstood.

Absolutely. You hit the nail on the head.

For this person everyone in the society is perceived as family, whereas the society does not perceive itself like that.

Yes, theoretically, but she cannot relate to them.

Nevertheless, it is through these misunderstood struggles that the person has to fight in order to achieve the sense of self-worth and realisation.

Yes.

The idealist view the person is trying to create might not be realised, however it is this process of understanding and engaging that eventually is the greatest strength and achievement of self-realisation.

Yes. My mother shares the most wonderful things on Facebook, all so, so idealistic. Maybe five people ever see them, but she continues to ‘send positive energy and a vision of a better future out into the world’.

I’m glad you enjoyed this exercise Mario. As Anahit said, you have considerable talent for interpreting the language of astrology.

I look forward to working with you more in the future.

X Faith

Mario Saga
        Participant

Thanks heaps Faith for your detailed feedback and also allowing, all of us, to learn the process of astrology and to find meaning using your Mom’s chart :)

it has been an absolute pleasure going through the process with you :) all your messages/interpretations are sharp, direct and revealing the essence behind all theses aspects… which, for me, were challenging to grasp :)

AWESOME course and amazing teachers and mentors :) thank you to all :)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.