You may like...

Week 8

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Asli Ceylan
      Participant

Hello,

I would like to share with you my understanding of the sample chart which Faith already shared with us.

First of all, I noticed that this chart has a fixed grand cross like me so I am super excited to see this sample.

I can write some major things that I saw in the chart.

Sun in Cancer- 6th H
      Moon in Pisces- 3rd H
      Ascending in Capricorn- 1st H

Sun is disposited by Neptune
      Moon is disposited Venus
      Saturn is disposited by Jupiter

Mercury in Leo- 7th H- Fall
      Uranus in Leo- 7th H- Detriment

Stellium in the 7th H in Leo

Fixed Grand Cross
      1st H Chiron 15 degrees in Aquarius
      4th H South Node 16 degrees in Taurus
      7th H Mars 16 degrees in Leo
      10th H North Node 16 degrees in Scorpio

Comparing other elements Earth element seem weak. Fire elements are strong.
      Fixed signs are strong. Mutable signs are weak.
      Polarities there is imbalance in masculine and feminine sides. Masculine side is stronger.

For interpretation, I think there is a major effect about 7th house. And also it is opposite of Chiron. Relationships can play a big role in this personality.

Also this chart might show that this person could be an outgoing person as of the above of the chart.

Also Moon is in the 3rd H in Pisces which makes me think a person who likes communicating intuitional.

Also Sun in Cancer and in the 6th house which is naturally in Virgo’s house this might give shyness although is an outgoing personality. But there are also 5 planets in Leo so I guess whether Sun and Moon in water signs this could show maybe innerself is more intense than seen from outside. Ascending is Capricorn also it seems so stable and solid from outside.

For the fixed grand square, I guess Leo side is so strong but there are obstacles in the other 3 sides (Aquarius-Taurus-Scorpio)
      Maybe working in the 1st house to connect with Chiron may help. Also maybe balancing earth element also can help to connect with Taurus side. But if all the sides can be balanced, big impacts can be achieved over relationships and career.

I know that is very simple exploration of this chart but hope that I could understood not so bad from the lessons I studied until now.

Warmly,
      Asli

AnhP
      Mentor

Glad you enjoyed this chart interpretation exercise, Asli!

Some additional details which I would add, in interpreting this chart, is that Neptune is at an anaretic degree on this person’s Midheaven. I wonder whether Neptune at Midheaven means the person is a psychic by vocation? Or maybe is/worked as a pharmacist? Or with Neptune in Libra, maybe the native ended up working as a relationship psychologist/healer? The last option might complement natal NN’s placement in Scorpio in the 11H, which on one hand squares natal Chiron in the 1H, and on the other hand squares natal Venus and Mars in Leo in the 7H, with both of the latter also opposing Chiron in 1H.

Furthermore, with Aries on the native’s IC, s/he would have roots stemming from warrior/pioneering/courageous type of, or tumultuous type of, familial/ancestral background. That would be good foundation for striving to develop skills of conflict resolution in compassionate ways, as Neptune in Libra at Midheaven suggests to me.

Sun in Cancer in 6H and Moon in Pisces in Mercury-ruled 3H further indicate to me a person with capacity to be nurturing and oriented toward dedicating oneself to supporting others.

Lastly, of natal placements, I’ll mention Sun and Uranus being close to the Descendant. That would make me assume that this person would be an eccentric, outgoing towards others in quietly nurturing ways, given Sun in Cancer.

Of the transiting planets, in 2016, this person appears to have been experiencing their Saturn return probably for the second if not third time around, given natal Pluto’s placement in Leo.

With transiting Chiron almost exactly conjunct the native’s natal Moon in Pisces, I wonder if the native experienced some kind of an emotional wounding or healing in 2016? With transiting Uranus in Aries in 4H, maybe the healing/wounding associated with Chiron transit was associated with family/home-related matters?

Transiting Pluto in Capricorn making its way through the native’s 12H add to my conjecture that the native either experienced some kind of transformation or loss related to 12H issues between 2008-2016.

There is so much to chart reading that I still don’t know myself, Asli. Hope Cristina or Faith will let us in on the secret of this natal chart later in the week.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Faith
      Facilitator

Hi Asli and Anahit,

Firstly, forgive my slow reply. My husband has been working flat out and I have been very busy with my children. I wanted to have enough time to respond to your interpretation properly.

Ok, so this is what you would call a ‘heavily afflicted chart’.

Your interpretation is correct in that:

* Relationships play a big role in this personality – yes
      * A person who likes communicating intuitional – yes
      * Sun in Cancer and in the 6th house which is naturally in Virgo’s house this might give shyness- yes
      * Inner-self is more intense than seen from outside – yes

However! You would think that with all this energy in Leo this person would be a confident, outgoing person, but in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

You see the ruler of all these Leo planets is the Sun, placed in Cancer, a water sign where it is not very comfortable, and in the 6th House where all it’s energy is directed into the mundane day-to-day tasks of life. It is disposed by Neptune, which it squares, dissipating what is left of its dull glow. The debilitated state of the Sun can be seen quite clearly as this person has had a chronic illness now for ten years and rarely leaves the house. Remember that the 6th House is the house of Physical Health.

In addition the two personal planets in Leo, Venus and Mars, are widely conjunct and form a grand cross with the Nodal Axis and Chiron, within the angular houses. This creates a huge obstacle to fulfilling one’s life purpose due to the wounds left to the sense of identity (1st House) during childhood and early adulthood (Chiron in the 1st House). These wounds had to do with a fundamental difficulty fitting into the collective (Chiron in Aquarius) and expressing one’s sense of self (Sun opposite Chiron in the 1st House). This has greatly impacted this person’s ability to have healthy relationships.

Due to the square between Neptune and the Sun it is also very easy for this person to be taken advantage of or to fall into deluded thinking. Fortunately a trine from the the Moon in Neptune’s sign of Pisces to the Sun helps with this. This person is very emotionally intelligent as well as motivated by spiritual growth and personal development. She is very empathic, compassionate and intuitive. However the opposition to Jupiter tends her towards excessive emotional outbursts and a tendency to play the victim (Moon afflicted in Pisces).

The sextile between the Sun and Jupiter has conferred good fortune and blessing on this person and she has always fallen on her feet despite the many challenges she has faced.

With Venus and Mars falling in the marriage sector of the 7th and 8th Houses, this person has struggled to find a partner who fits with her, although she has four children to three husbands, born over a period of 18 years. She is certainly a Cancer in that she has a very strong mother archetype and is devoted to her children. Ironically the instability of her life has made it difficult for her to be the mother she would have liked to be for her kids.

The partners this person has attracted tended to be dominant types (Mars in Leo), but due to feelings of not being deserving of a better mate (Chiron opposed Sun in 7th House) she has not chosen evolved types. Further, her own Venus being in Leo has created conflict and power struggles with partners.

The great strength of this chart is Mercury conjunct Uranus trine Saturn. Mercury is placed in an Air House, where he is happy and in a fire sign which confers natural creative inspiration. Paired with Uranus and Saturn this creates an extremely innovative and progressive way of thinking, as well as a strength of mind that has kept this person moving slowly in the right direction her entire life. At an early age this person’s IQ was ranked as at the level of a University Professor.

The one thing I cannot explain about this chart is the Ascendant in Capricorn. This person is not at all like a Capricorn. I think there has been a mis-recording of the time of birth because she is far more aligned with the Aquarian archetype. In any case, with this timing, her Ascendant would have progressed into Aquarius at the age of three and a half. For the natal ascendant to be in Aquarius she would have been born half an hour later.

Anahit your points are very interesting…

You are correct that Neptune is at the anaretic degree in the 10th House, and it progresses into angsty Scorpio around the age of 27, along with the first Saturn return. The affliction to Neptune is so profound however – the square from the Sun perfecting at around 5 years – that this person has never had any kind of ‘career’ or vocation. Were she to reach the potential inherent in this placement however, the psychic / relationship psychologist / healer suggestions would all fit her temperament perfectly.

Aries on the IC has left its imprint in a tendency to move from place to place. This person has moved almost constantly throughout her life and only become settled in her late fifties.

“Sun in Cancer in 6H and Moon in Pisces in Mercury-ruled 3H further indicate to me a person with capacity to be nurturing and oriented toward dedicating oneself to supporting others” – definitely!

“…Sun and Uranus being close to the Descendant. That would make me assume that this person would be an eccentric, outgoing towards others in quietly nurturing ways, given Sun in Cancer” – Yes! Very eccentric, very nurturing and attracted to other eccentrics.

Regarding the transits of 2016 (Saturn Return and Chiron conjunct Natal Moon) – during this period the woman’s adult son moved back in with her and she did some intensive inner work resolving the shame and guilt she feels regarding her perceived inadequacies as a mother, as well as working on her own boundaries, which have always been very fluid (Sun square Neptune), as well as differentiating what is her emotional responsibility and what is her son’s burden to carry (he also has a very heavy chart). During this time she also experienced a lot of healing in her relationship with her oldest daughter (me).

“With transiting Uranus in Aries in 4H, maybe the healing/wounding associated with Chiron transit was associated with family/home-related matters?” – Yes

“Transiting Pluto in Capricorn making its way through the native’s 12H add to my conjecture that the native either experienced some kind of transformation or loss related to 12H issues between 2008-2016.” My mother lost her estranged husband to Cancer in 2008 as Pluto was entering her 12th House. Following his death she experienced an extended dark night of the soul.

Over the years I have watched my mother slowly but surely work through the many challenges her chart represents. She is a great example of a person who has used her growing self knowledge and conscious awareness to slowly but surely move into a more healthy way of living and loving.

One more thing regarding dispositions as the one’s you list are not quite correct.

Sun is disposed by Moon, Moon is disposed by Neptune, Neptune is disposed by Venus, Venus is disposed by the Sun and so on.

All Leo planets are disposed by the Sun which again feeds back into this loop.

Chiron disposed by Uranus which is disposed by the Sun… etc

Saturn is disposed by Jupiter which is disposed by Mercury which is disposed by Sun… all lead into this loop.

When dispositions create a loop like this the person is often prone to making the same mistakes over and over again. They literally get caught in a loop!

So Action (Sun) is over-ridden by Reaction (Moon) which is over-ridden by Delusion (afflicted Neptune) which is over-ridden by the needs of relationship (Venus) which then over-ridden again by the need for freedom and self-expression (Sun). Result? Multiple failed relationships based on illusion and emotion, all of which stifled her creativity and ultimately pushed her to separate herself from those partners.

I hope this has been an interesting exercise. It is a complex chart and I commend you both for having a go at deciphering it.

X Faith

Asli Ceylan
        Participant

Thank you Faith for your explanations and appreciate your time management while you are struggling with your schedule. Hope you are doing good with the little girls:)

Wow we studied your mom’s chart? It is so impressive!

I just wondered is there a grand square in that chart that I thought? I guess not as you did not mention but I just wanted to be sure?

Sending loves,
        Asli

Faith
          Facilitator

No you are absolutely right about the grand square and it’s tight too! Very similar to yours… X

AnhP
      Mentor

Faith (@admin),

Thank you very much for your elaborate feedback on this thread, too, and for clarifying how the planetary, archetypal, and other combinations in your mom’s chart have worked out. There is much complexity in it from which I can learn to expand my chart interpretation knowledge further. Deeply appreciate all the time and effort you put into teaching us these skills.

xx Anahit

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.