You may like...

what transit are you experiencing strongly at the moment

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

south node is moving backwards through my 4th house in Pisces, where Sun and Moon are resident

Neptune moving through Pisces

together, this reflects how I can see more and more I am free and independent- even though strong family attachment is a part of who I am, this is not WHO I am.

trying to slowly let go of self-imposed restrictions

kind of feels like prying a tight fist slowly away from something it has been holding on to tightly

Rose
      Participant

I have Venus @ 12 degrees Pisces, Sun at 19 degrees Pisces and Mars @ 24 degrees Pisces – so this particular Neptune, Chiron and S.Node transit through Pisces is particularly strong and meaningful. In my natal chart, Chiron forms a 0 degree conjunction with my moon in the 3rd house and at this stage in my life, I am finally breaking free from feeling like a “victim” from my childhood and elsewhere in my life. I am learning how to reshape my reality by the words that I use and the way that I communicate myself to others.

So Chiron’s placement over my Sun is bringing out, not only my own healing but helps me connect with others to aid in their healing as well. In my solar return, Pisces rules my 10th house and this will rest over my 1st house this year and I truly feel this as I am starting my Reiki practice and continue expanding my astrology practice, as well.

This is a powerful transit for me, indeed!

Anonymous

best of wishes to you in your practice @RoseReiki

Faith
      Facilitator

The strongest transit for me at the moment is from Pluto, which is currently moving over my natal Venus and squaring my natal Pluto. This puts natal Uranus in square aspect to natal Venus and in opposition to natal Pluto, however this Uranus transit is coming to an end. My Venus is in the 8th house and my Pluto in the 4th.

Being a very slow acting transit there have been many impacts: moving to the other side of the world to be with my partner, marriage, pregnancy and now the impending death of my beloved grandmother, although I expect this to occur when Pluto touches my natal moon from the beginning of 2017.

The challenge I am facing with this transit right now has mainly to do with fears around repeating the mistakes of my parents. Earlier in my pregnancy I was rebelling (Uranus) against the loss of my old identity as a free and easy adventurer, unencumbered by responsibility. But now the dominant feeling is more of self-doubt, perhaps the underlying emotion all along!

Great topic @Liv… I find it very helpful to write about what is happening in the here and now :)

Anonymous

Hi Faith @admin, I would say, you’re not likely to repeat the negative and destructive patterns of your parents. Because you can acknowledge it and strive to overcome it. The past is important, in that, if we don’t learn from it, we are doomed to repeat it. Everything that happened to us in the past, has brought us to where we are now. The 4th house is a powerful placement for Pluto(Angular house). No wonder you’ve experienced so many challenges connected to your home environment. Feelings of inadequacy are ‘par for the course’ Try to remember, “Serenity comes when you trade expectations for acceptance.” I feel certain, that when the time comes, you will take to mothering like a duck to water. Quack-Quack

Faith
          Facilitator

“Serenity comes when you trade expectations for acceptance.” Thanks @Melinda. That’s exactly what I need to hear :)

Anonymous

@RoseReiki @admin lovely to hear some of your reflections

Anonymous

I am experiencing Neptune in exact square to exact conjunction of Mercury and Uranus. I believe this conjunction, which can be a boost for light bulb moments, is also a very masculine, cold placement without compassion. The Neptune square has stopped me in my tracks, giving me a problem with my feet which hurt. Instead of being such a “mind” maniac, I am now aware of my humble Pisean feet, bearing the weight of my body. Transiting Neptune is in the third house, stretching me to look deeply into my environment to all the quiet, supporting, qualities of my neighborhood, such as trees, flowers, and kind clerks in stores, people who don’t honk, and beautiful clouds. When I answer to the mercury/Uranus, I am so detached, so much like a distant observer, and often rebellious in my thinking. This transit square from Neptune has quietly said: Stop it, Linda.

Anonymous

Although I’m not experienced in astrology (just starting my first annual course), I know and feel that the strongest transit for me at the moment is from Pluto. Since some months ago, it is simply, but aggressively, changing and resetting my natal moon (28’10º Cap, house IX). It means that all the patterns and rules I learnt so far (I am 34), that made me be who I was expected to be, are not useful anymore and I am starting to be open to a new sense of life which seems to be more loving to me and to everything which is around. Nevertheless, it also entails an internal conflict that arises from a fight to let the old thoughts go and to break useless dogmas.

As the real Scorpio I am, I see myself facing a new regeneration of my life structure in order to discover a new reality.

I live in Belgium since one year and a half, I moved for love and it is what I found. However, the Mediterranean (I come from Barcelona) stays fully present in my heart and it is not easy to stop being homesick…

I know the experience is here to help me live my well aspected Venus in Sagittarius and Mars in Virgo.

Happy to find this forum. Thanks to all of you and lots of love!

Faith
        Facilitator

Welcome @Paz :) It seems we have some things in common: I also lived in Belgium, for one year with my Flemish husband. Being Australian, a warm country like Spain, I found the climate quite difficult! All those grey skies! Perhaps more relevant to this forum, I am also in the beginning a transit of Pluto to my natal Moon at 19 degrees Capricorn. Being in the 8th House there are distinct themes of birth and death with my first child due in June and my grandmother soon to pass on. Keep us posted on how you are going through this time as the transit gets closer. I look forward to seeing more of you here in the forum… x

Anonymous

Really thank you for your welcome, Faith @admin. It is always a coaster of understanding and brotherhood when you know someone else with a Moon at Capricorn :-) When reading your recent experiences I realise, once again, that life is cyclical and all that comes to and end is followed by (or preceded by) a new precious beginning. I understand that the resistance of your Moon is there to help you face the ‘rebornings’ imposed by your 8th house (not that far from having the Sun at Scorpio ;-)). Again, happy to have found this harmonious forum. Thanks! xxx

Faith
          Facilitator

You’re very welcome @Paz… You’re right that there is much of the Scorpio archetype in me with three personal planets in the eighth house all of which have strong links to Pluto :)

Anonymous

@aquariusox @Linda @Paz beautiful reflections

Anonymous

@Liv, Thank You for being so grateful. It really resonates with me.:)

Antonia
      Participant

I am experiencing some heavy duty transits at moment combined with progressions and solar arc directions.

T Pluto square Sun, p. Sun square Pluto, solar arc Pluto conjunct Asc.
      Can’t at all make out what all this means!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Anonymous

Antonia @lift-the-fog what I think is maybe Pluto energy in Capricorn 3rd house is going to push you to re-examine what are the limits you may have placed around creative self-expression – for example, that the limits you may have placed around creative self-expression have become limits on your self and on how you view yourself, and so have gotten to the stage where they are no longer protection but are now limitations, so you can then redefine how YOU really want to express yourself, instead of being limited from the outside and the consideration of balancing your self-expression with others. I also looked at the nodes in your chart

http://www.cafeastrology.com/nodesofthemoon.html

Faith
      Facilitator

Hi Antonia @lift-the-fog… I find it helpful to come back to my own experience of what is happening in the moment (physically, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually) and then to look for these experiences in the charts. A transit from Pluto can express itself in so many ways, although of course it will explore certain themes… Currently I have Pluto transiting over my Venus/Sun/Moon conjunction in the 8th, squaring my Pluto. If one was to read about these transits they might feel quite intimidated. My experience of it has been many things: scary, disruptive, exiting, transformative. Yes it has turned my life completely upside down, no this was not the traumatic experience some people would expect it to be… So I think it’s always good to begin from your own experience and then use the chart to interpret and understand that experience, rather than the other way around… xx

Anonymous

I am experiencing Pluto in the first house, Capricorn. In the Isabel Hickey article I read that Capricorn rising is even more conscious of public image and being respected than solar Capricorn. I am finding this desire to be respected to be true of myself, accompanied by a fear of being vulnerable and hiding my real feelings. Pluto, who will not tolerate any pose or inauthentic attitude that is an affectation, has been laying down the law as far as the wish to be together and the master of the circumstances of my life. Pluto has forced a kind of existential honesty on me, where charm and being overly nice comes boomeranging back at me. It seems like Pluto is saying to me, “who you are is enough.” “If you’re into self improvement, improve what you were given, and don’t try to be somebody else.”

Pluto has forced a kind of existential honesty on me, where charm and being overly nice comes boomeranging back at me. It seems like Pluto is saying to me, “who you are is enough.” “If you’re into self improvement, improve what you were given, and don’t try to be somebody else.”

SO MUCH TRUTH, @Linda. Transiting Pluto is squaring my overly-nice-by-definition Libra Sun right now, and I find this applies to me as well. Thanks for your brilliant insight.

Antonia
      Participant

Thank you @Liv and Faith @admin for your insights!
      Liv, what you say about “limits you may have placed around creative self-expression have become limits on your self and on how you view yourself, and so have gotten to the stage where they are no longer protection but are now limitations” is spot on! Well done!!
      Hopefully I will transform my identity, although it doesn’t feel as if anything special is going on with me.

Where do you youngsters get all that insight from? Having said that, I remember being very insightful as well in my younger days. Nowadays I feel as if I know nothing; the more I learn , the the more I realize how little I know.
      And Faith @admin, you are right to say that it is best to begin with our own experience “and then use the chart to interpret and understand that experience, rather than the other way around”.
      My greatest hope is that these Pluto aspects -and Neptune transiting Pisces- will bring me back in touch with my Higher Self and guidance system that I have been out of touch with for sooo long trying to conform to mainstream societal expectations!

I am so grateful I met all of you!

Thank you

Faith
        Facilitator

@lift-the-fog Antonia… As a strong believer in the power of intention I think that if you strongly desire to reconnect with your “higher self and guidance system” them you are already half way there :) xx

Anonymous

Antonia @lift-the-fog I am happy to have found this community as well, and grateful to Faith and others for bringing themselves to the journey, because whether we participate actively or not we are part of this space

This is not the transit I am experiencing most strongly at the moment, but it’s nevertheless a significant one. Transiting Uranus in Aries is currently opposing my Libra Mercury, triggering some important changes and realizations about my thought patterns and learning style.
      A very textbook manifestation is my growing intolerance of academic studies (!!!), something I never thought possible before this transit hit. I’m still passionate about learning, but, especially after 5 years of non-stop exams at a crazy fast pace (a mandatory requirement for students who apply for scholarships), preparing exams feels more like a constriction that’s increasingly difficult to keep up with. After Uranus finished opposing my Sun, I found myself outgrowing my previous goal of applying for a PhD, because I realized that handing my life over to an institution is not what I really want for my future. My decreased enthusiasm for exam preparation feels like a natural progression from there. On the other hand, my intellectual pursuit is flourishing in the areas in which I can express myself more freely and independently, which are also mostly Uranian in nature: Astrology, Tarot, Magick, Witchcraft. Learning about those things feels easier and liberating, whereas I can’t seem to focus on a single word when I sit at my desk with my University books open in front of me. My intellectual attitude towards learning is a reflection of my will to engage in the world on my own terms.

Anonymous

Hello Christina,

I am with you on academia, which with the exception of Catholic Universities or Theology Schools is completely secular. That is not to say that they are without value, however they have ignored and banished any of the ancient knowledge traditions that don’t comply with the academic canon of social science or traditional humanities or social science.

I discovered this program at the Univeristy of Wales whihc is chaired by a well known astrolger Nicholous Campion: It is an MA in Cultural Astronomy and and Astrology and is fully accredited.

” The MA in Cultural Astronomy and Astrology is a unique course which deals with the ways in which human beings attribute meaning to the planets, stars and sky, and construct cosmologies which provide the basis for culture and society. For an Information Handbook with full module descriptions, examples of reading and essay titles, email Dr Nicholas Campion, n.campion@uwtsd.ac.uk,”
      http://www.uwtsd.ac.uk/ma-cultural-astronomy-astrology/

This is what I would have loved to study, as like you, this is my real interest, although I plowed through academia myself, with my soul suffocating all the way.
      If I were younger, I would apply for this program. Perhaps it is my Welsh ancestry that calls to me.

This may wound wild, but I believe that psychology will merge with astrology eventually, because I believe psychology is a pseudo science – in fact Freud was shocked when he visited the U.S. and found that psychoanalysis had become associated with the medical profession. To me the diagnostic terminology of psychology is so pejorative and only labels pathology, completely ignoring the healthy states of the mind. those words – like narcissist and borderline – have entered the common vocabulary and become terms of derision.

As acupuncture, whihc is based on a completely different medical model than Western Medicine, has become accepted and integrated into medical treatment because it works, I wonder if astrology might do the same for psychology.

I know Jung used astrology, but he failed to leave any systematic literature or studies, whihc are necessary to prove a point, or gain any attention from academia. I think the present clinical, dry and and alienating nomenclature of psychology and psychiatry do a lot of harm, in that these categories are accepted and prevail. It’s amazing what harm labels can do. Astrology, on the other hand connects us with natural cycles and nature and doesn’t have the clinical remoteness of psychology.

I know in spite of the theories, there are wonderful effective therapists, however what if these skills were merged with astrology. I think so much unhappiness is based on loss of identity and a feeling of being disconnected from the cosmos and God. I think so many people could regain at least a temporary feeling of rhyme and reason from astrology, rather than just “coping” whihc is the aim of psychology.

what I am saying is that I wonder if a whole new field will open up with the merger of psychology and astrology, and I know that there is, in fact, a movement of psychological astrology.

anyway, I hope this school might interest you and I thought I would offer it, just to think about.
      xx

Anonymous

Hello @christina,

I am with you on academia, which with the exception of Catholic Universities or Theology Schools is completely secular. That is not to say that they are without value, however they have ignored and banished any of the ancient knowledge traditions that don’t comply with the academic canon of social science or traditional humanities or physical science.

I discovered this MA program at the Univeristy of Wales whihc is chaired by a well known astrolger Nicholous Campion: It is an MA in Cultural Astronomy and and Astrology and is fully accredited.

” The MA in Cultural Astronomy and Astrology is a unique course which deals with the ways in which human beings attribute meaning to the planets, stars and sky, and construct cosmologies which provide the basis for culture and society. For an Information Handbook with full module descriptions, examples of reading and essay titles, email Dr Nicholas Campion, n.campion@uwtsd.ac.uk,”
      http://www.uwtsd.ac.uk/ma-cultural-astronomy-astrology/

This is what I would have loved to study, as like you, this is my real interest, although I plowed through academia myself, with my soul suffocating all the way.
      If I were younger, I would apply for this program. Perhaps it is my Welsh ancestry that calls to me.[I believe it is offerd online, too]

I wonder if one day soon their might be a real niche for astrologers. This may wound wild, but I believe that psychology will merge with astrology eventually, because I believe psychology is a pseudo science – in fact Freud was shocked when he visited the U.S. and found that psychoanalysis had become associated with the medical profession. To me the diagnostic terminology of psychology is so pejorative and only labels pathology, completely ignoring the healthy states of the mind. those words – like narcissist and borderline – have entered the common vocabulary and become terms of derision. while the signs of astrology are neutral and derived from nature and mythology, and so much more compatible with the soul

As acupuncture, whihc is based on a completely different medical model than Western Medicine, has become accepted and integrated into medical treatment because it works, I wonder if astrology might do the same for psychology.

I know Jung used astrology, but he failed to leave any systematic literature or studies, whihc are necessary to prove a point, or gain any attention from academia. I think the present clinical, dry and and alienating nomenclature of psychology and psychiatry do a lot of harm, in that these categories are accepted and prevail. It’s amazing what harm labels can do. Astrology, on the other hand connects us with natural cycles and nature and doesn’t have the clinical remoteness of psychology.

I know in spite of the theories, there are wonderful effective therapists, however what if these skills were merged with astrology. I think so much unhappiness is based on loss of identity and a feeling of being disconnected from the cosmos and God. I think so many people could regain at least a temporary feeling of rhyme and reason from astrology, rather than just “coping” whihc is the aim of psychology.

what I am saying is that I wonder if a whole new field will open up with the merger of psychology and astrology, and I know that there is, in fact, a movement of psychological astrology.

anyway, I hope this school might interest you and I thought I would offer it, just to think about.
      xx

Author

@Linda,
        that program is A M A Z I N G.
        I believe I’ve heard about it before – quite possibly from another Astrologer’s bio – but never truly looked into it. It would be a dream… Not to mention that I feel a weird attraction towards Wales and the British Islands in general.
        Thank you for sharing. Right now I obviously have to try to be LESS Cardinal and finish what I started – which means that I’ll undertake the next 3 exams and write my thesis, and get that damn MA. But I agree with you… At least, in my field, Anthropology, there is some semblance of moving towards a new paradygm as the discipline itself calls many aspects of our modern-day civilization into question. But oddly enough, in a Mercury/Uranus fashion, this means having eye-opening realizations about the state of things in the academic world as well.
        I also agree with you about Psychology – much like standard allopathic medicine after all, it is based on a standard of “health/normality” that’s purely established by institutions – a “normal” individual is productive and can contribute to the economy, a “non-normal” person is unable to perform their role and needs to be made functional again, and all this talk of illnesses is actually pretty explanatory of our culture’s obsession with labeling, pigeonholing and compartmentalizing knowledge.
        … Apologies for the Mercury/Uranus rant, I’ll just finish off by saying I truly admire the depth of your reasoning. You offered some beautiful and profound perspectives in your post.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.