This Full Moon in Leo offers us the opportunity to use our creative self-expression to shift stuck patterns and manifest change in our lives. This Full Moon falls on 28 January, the same day as Venus conjoins Pluto in Capricorn, so watch out for some intense relationship action! It also activates a square configuration between the Jupiter Sun conjunction in Uranus and Mars and Uranus in Taurus so hold on to your hats as it could stir up some frustrated and aggressive energy.
This will particularly be the case if your chart is triggered and you’ve been in denial about important changes that need to be made in your life. This applies on the world stage as well – climate change anyone? You will particular feel this transit if you have natal planets or points between 3 and 9 degrees of the Fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio or Aquarius).
For more on this important square configuration check out my forecast for January 2021.
The Full Moon in Leo is about creativity
Leo is the archetype ruled by the Sun and it’s a master of creativity. This Full Moon in Leo, which stirs up so much through its partaking in the larger square configuration, is the perfect opportunity to use your creativity to shift things that need to be shifted, and to manifest the new that needs to come into being. Drawing, journaling, clay modelling, singing – in fact any creative activity that connects you with your deeper spirit – will help you to move things forward in the direction they need to go.
Julia Cameron, author of one of my favourite books The Artist’s Way, as well as many other inspirational books on creativity, continually reminds us of the relationship between sharing our creative gifts and positive growth and change. Her ten basic principles of creativity could be a mantra for the creatively blocked:
- Creativity is the natural order of life. Life is energy: pure creative energy.
- There is an underlying, in-dwelling creative force infusing all of life – including ourselves.
- When we open ourselves to our creativity, we open ourselves to the creator’s creativity within us and our lives.
- We are, ourselves, creations. And we, in turn, are meant to continue creativity by being creative ourselves.
- Creativity is God’s gift to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God.
- The refusal to be creative is self-will and is counter to our true nature.
- When we open ourselves to… our creativity, we open ourselves to God…
- As we open our creative channel… many gentle but powerful changes are to be expected.
- It is safe to open ourselves up to greater and greater creativity.
- Our creative dreams and yearnings come from a divine source. As we move toward our dreams, we move toward our divinity.
Whether you believe in God, or identify with some other form of the divine, is unimportant. The principles remain the same.
This full moon is Leo isn’t just about the big acts of creativity either. In a sense you are your own greatest work of art and how you dress and express yourself has a lot to do with your confidence in revealing who you are to the world, especially with the Moon squaring Uranus and urging you to be yourself, no matter how quirky and unconventional that might be. If you’ve been wearing the same old outfits day-in-day-out maybe it’s time to try out that dapper new suit or gorgeous flowing red dress that you bought with such enthusiasm and then left languishing in the back of the cupboard.
By embracing the energy of this full moon in Leo we give ourselves permission to shift and change, to throw off old versions of ourselves and embrace the next phase of our lives. Our openness to life is what will allow change and growth to occur.
How does this full moon in Leo affect you?
This Full Moon in Leo occurs at 8 degrees of Leo, creating a t-square with the Sun and Jupiter at 8 and 9 degrees of Aquarius, and Mars and Uranus at 6 and 10 degrees of Taurus. If you have planets or points between 3 and 9 degrees of the Fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio or Aquarius) you will certainly experience this excessive, combative and rebellious energy. Channel it well and make the most of this opportunity to affect change.
If your chart is triggered, do you feel there may be areas of your life where change is overdue for you? Please share your experiences.